…since my last post? I have no idea. Seriously.
Let’s just say I’ve been busy. It’s not like we just experienced a giant holiday or anything, not to mention tons of school work, a last push to spruce up the place and hosting relatives.
I don’t know what else to do other than this: a list.
1. I’ve been trying to paint my nails for three weeks. As in, on-my-to-do-list-and-polish-sitting-out-on-my-dresser. Impossible, I tell you. I just do not have the time.
2. Andrew’s in his boot (meant to post–with pictures–about that) and “walking” without crutches. It’s nice to have him back in relative self-sufficiency-mode, but he’s still very limited.
3. He’s also thirty. 3-0. Can you believe it? I can’t.
4. I have more ice cream in our freezer than even I want right now. I’ve made some of it–Cognac-flavored for Andrew’s birthday, plus black raspberry chip (I experimented with lowering the melting point of the chocolate chips–a blog in and of itself) and pumpkin–as well as store-bought vanilla, pumpkin pie and rainbow sherbet, AND a gifted half-gallon of chocolate brownie-something-or-other from a dairy at Penn State. Whew. (What else was I supposed to do with all those leftover egg yolks from the angel food cake I made for Andrew’s birthday? BTW–homemade angel food cakes are WAY better than from the box. Just saying.)
5. Thanksgiving was yesterday. (Duh.) We hosted Andrew’s Aunt Linda and Uncle Dave, who traveled from Indianapolis. (Their son, Luke, and Andrew’s grandma stayed with the Layers.) We had a great time chatting with them at our place, running together on Turkey Day and Aunt Linda was a huge help in the kitchen–so glad they came! We ate the big meal at Andrew’s parents’ house, along with Carolyn’s new husband’s family, so it was quite a gathering. Despite the large number of people, there are TONS of leftovers. YUM.
6. I’ve already done a bunch of school work on this break. I SO want to be productive and feel caught-up and prepared for my upcoming finals. I just have to make it to Dec. 13…
7. My little (almost 6-foot-tall high school senior) brother has his license AND a very cute girlfriend. What is this world coming to?!
8. I have done so much yardwork it isn’t even funny. Andrew totally got out of it this year because of his bum leg. I enjoyed the time outside–really, I did–but my schoolwork suffered. And I have a scar from one of the blisters I got. A SCAR. Seriously. But, at least I got all the leaves and beds cleared and ready for spring.
9. The house is really starting to feel homey. We’re still down a couch–darn La-Z-Boy–but it should be here soon. Before we hosted our visitors for Thanksgiving, we hung some photos, bought bathroom towels (finally!) and decorated for Thanksgiving a little. I CAN’T WAIT to finish up the fireplace room once we get the new couch. I promise pictures over Christmas break. I PROMISE.
10. I am so not ready for Christmas. Like, at all. I don’t even want to really listen to Christmas music yet (but I will, since it’s after Thanksgiving). I’m just too overwhelmed with school; I can’t use any extra brain power to think about buying presents. Let’s just hope I can get all our shopping done in the 12 days before Christmas…