So… Today in Chemistry, we tackled this equation:
E = mc^2
Like, as in the one Einstein came up with all that time ago. It has to do with energy, mass of nucleons (neutrons and protons) and the speed of light.
Can I just say that five years ago, I would NEVER have guessed I’d be where I am right now? In so many ways…
In other news…
1. Andrew comes home this afternoon! I feel all giddy inside… I guess absence DOES make the heart grow fonder 🙂
(Psst! I’m making bagels as a surprise for his return… Since he doesn’t have a smart phone, there is no way he can see this before he actually arrives home, so I thought I’d share–in a whisper voice–to add to the suspense.)
2. I have confirmed that I am OFFICIALLY finished with Microbiology, with A’s in both lecture and lab. Thus, I’ll be making bagels this afternoon when I would have normally been in lab.
3. It’s my birthday month! WOO-HOO! Birthday list is being made and tweaked as I speak… (That’s how Andrew’s family does it; they practically DEMAND a list two months in advance, and hound you if you don’t provide one soon enough. I. LOVE. IT.)
On the list this year: a pair of Crocs, better, non-warping baking sheets and other miscellaneous clothing items. (If you’re reading this and need “the list,” Andrew can provide it to you :))
4. Emily’s birthday is the same day as mine. God really knew what he was doing when he arranged our chance meet-up at a friend-of-a-friend’s bbq, in which Emily and her hubby were attending as friends-of-a-mother…
5. Pineapple boxers!
Andrew and I found these at Gap a couple weeks ago. It wasn’t even a discussion; I held onto those things for dear life. I mean, how could we NOT buy them? They have been washed and are currently in my jammie drawer, waiting for warm weather.
6. Andrew ate a 30-ounce steak last night at his final dinner in Texas, at some super-snazzy restaurant, I’m sure. Thirty ounces. THIRTY. People, 16 ounces is a POUND. He’s already requested salads for the forseeable future…
7. While I’m super excited for Andrew to come home, I don’t know that I’m ready to give up the clean, quiet, organized and peaceful house/routine I’ve enjoyed for the past week…
8. Here’s a good one: To those who continue to ask about whether or not we’ve found a house: Yes, we’re still house-hunting. We will continue to house-hunt until we find one. New houses are coming up on the market now that it’s spring, but it’s been a little slow. (No, I’m not upset, but I’ll admit that the question, “So, are you still house-hunting?” gets old. We’re in a tiny rental with gross carpet, no yard and no dishwasher–OF COURSE WE’RE STILL HOUSE-HUNTING.)
9. Speaking of houses, we’re seeing a fixer-upper tomorrow night, and one popped up just today that piqued my interest. A LOT. Prayers please!!
10. Cinco de Mayo is this weekend 🙂 Margaritas, anyone?