Mom Layer’s Sugar Cream Pie
1 9-inch pie shell
1 C sugar
¼ C corn starch
2 C milk
1 stick butter, cold
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 pint heavy whipping cream
2 tbsp sugar
- Pre-bake pie shell according to package directions.
- Cook sugar, corn starch and milk in a saucepan over medium heat until thick.
- Add butter and vanilla off the heat.
- Pour into pie shell and bake for 20 minutes at 375 degrees.
- While pie is baking, whip cream and sugar together to form stiff peaks.
- Serve with freshly whipped cream.