1. I’m not sure why I can’t seem to get my act together. I feel like I’ve been running around like a crazy person for two months straight! Two months of overeating (celebrations galore) and almost no real routine have totally thrown me all out of whack.
2. We’ve had a lot going on around here…
3. I tilled the side bed in the backyard and transplanted some hostas the deer have ready munched to smithereens. I know they’ll come back nicely next year!
4. We went to a Counting Crows and Wallflowers concert. Talk about throw back to high school! It rained, and aren’t really ‘concert people’ anyway, but I’m glad we went.
5. We celebrated the 4th of July. The parade (on the 3rd) ran down our street, and then we hosted a small ‘BBQ’ at our place on the 4th. BBQ is somewhat misleading; we served cold-meat sandwiches and sides as we are currently grill-less.
6. Our dear friends, the Diercks, visited from Ohio. Dave, Jen and Aiden (and baby girl on the way!) spent almost four days with us, filled with lots of movie-watching and couch-sitting…just like old times. We did sneak in some Main Street-walking and Nye house-visiting (where our friends were immediately treated like family and fed strawberry shortcakes, pie and cookies), as well as some babysitting so Jen and Dave could go to dinner.
7. My online class is going well. Let’s just say the professor asked if he could use my first paper as an example for the rest of the class.
8. I’ve been making it to kickbox and Pilates-yoga regularly at the gym, as well as running a couple times a week, but this girl still feels like a fatty. Must be all that dessert I’m consuming…
9. Our other dear friends, the Wilhelms, arrive Friday morning and I just can’t wait! We’re planning to take Emily and Dan to Penn State for Arts Fest on Saturday and I can barely contain myself! Showing them the place Andrew and I hold so near and dear just thrills me to no end. Friday, come soon!
10. Speaking of Penn State…Andrew finally framed and hung the photographs we bought at Arts Fest LAST YEAR.
His awesome frame job was worth the wait, but seriously, I was more than ready to get this project done!